Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The fall of the USSR finally hits Syria

The revolution that is taking place today is not only against the Syrian-Lebanese political-security apparatus. It is a revolution against the way things are done in the Middle East. For almost 60 years the Syrians have been at war with the Israelis (whether or not they were actually fighting). Today, that reality is changing.... Arabs cannot even pretend to fight. We're too week! Syria has turned to Iran. But Iran is not the USSR. Russia plus Iran don't even come close!

We must move on. The end of the cold war has finaly hit Syria and Lebanon.... Jumblatt anounced it. Jumblatt jumped on the bandwagon right on time. Lets hope that the West wins. Lets hope that the forces of liberalism, of democracy, and of modernism prevail. Once that happens we can go on to fight other battles. But first, I need the opposition to win this one!

Jumblatt: "In the seventies, I used to dream that in my past life I was a soldier in the great armies of the USSR fighting in Stalingrad against the Nazis. Today, I dream of being a garbage man in New York."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumblatt: "In the seventies, I used to dream that in my past life I was a soldier in the great armies of the USSR fighting in Stalingrad against the Nazis. Today, I dream of being a garbage man in New York."

Hey he's ready to leave his palace in order to collect american garbage? Isn't he already? I hope that Junmblatt is the kind of man to fulfill his dream.

Raja said...

so, tell me; what "american garbage" is jumblatt collecting? I am curious...