Friday, May 06, 2005

Saturday, Oh Saturday!

Saturday, Oh Saturday! The showdown! What can happen?..I bet many are betting their money and life on that Saturday. Speaker Berri has called for a Parliamentary session tomorrow; I really don't know why when he has made up his mind that the session's agenda will not include a debate on the electoral law.

What can happen? A lot of question marks. I'm looking forward to watching the heated session; it's always exciting watching our politicians bicker on TV, but I'm also afraid of what might happen and not happen....

I am still in awe at seeing Speaker Berri for the first time use his "powers" (and again, I would like to see those powers somewhere in writing) to the utmost level to block a move that would bring the real spring to our Lebanon. How can the country's fate be in one person's hands--not Lahoud, not Assad...but Berri.

Who knew that it would be easier liberating the country from the Syrian military?...The losers are here to stay...


"Nobody knows how many rebellions, besides political rebellions, ferment in the masses of life which people earth."

No comments: