These are some crazy figures... check them out!
- In June of 2004, the group had assets of $9.75 billion, equal to 48 percent of GDP and 15 percent of the banking sector.
- The group is the largest employer in Lebanon with a total staff of 1,959
- Profits in 2004 were $71.3 million, a 31.5 percent rise on the previous year
- By 2005, assets reached$10.5 billion, around 80 percent of which were deposits rather than loans.
- By the end of 2004, shareholders' equity reached $686 million, one of the highest capitalization levels in the sector.
Emerging Lebanon 2005