Monday, June 20, 2005

I witnessed Lebanon's second independence...

I still can't believe that this happened during my lifetime. Frankly, I don't care what happens after today... all I know is that I can tell my kids that I witnessed Lebanon's second independence. Posted by Hello


Rob said...

I'm really happy for you. Now the hard work begins.

TheInnerCircle said...

True... Beautifull!!

Though Christians may feel down about the elections (since Aoun didn't get the Majority); Don't Forget... Qornet Shehwan, the LF and many Seats for Aoun make up 50% of the Parliament.

If you think my comments are sectarian... Undertstand this... in The U.S. these are Called Conservatists and Liberals... in France Right and Left... whatever you call it... in Lebanon its Christians and Muslims. What is left for us to truely undertstand is that Country comes Before Religion and not vice-versa.

Home of Lebanese Expats -