Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Second Independence Government

In his latest press conference, PM Seniora called the current government the government of the Second Independence.

PM Seniora added: "My brother, Pierre, send my greetings to Rafik, to Bassil, to Samir, to George, to Gebran and to all those who died for freedom. You all did not die in vain, you did not die for a mirage, you died for a homeland, and Lebanon is our homeland."

Amen.

"Nobody knows how many rebellions, besides political rebellions, ferment in the masses of life which people earth."

5 comments:

JoseyWales said...

Beautiful Fuad. Now fucking do something!

cfw said...

as i was watching the speech, it kept sounding like he was wrapping things up but i thought to myself, "no, seniora's speeches are never over until he says something so touching it brings tears to our eyes."

it was the line you quoted that did it for me this time.

cfw said...

yes, we need action. but i'm pretty sure we're going to see it this time.

i just hope it's the right kind.

Anonymous said...

I am dismayed to hear the news of yet another assassination.

And I grieve yet again for your wounded country.

Lirun said...

sherri.. why do you not surprise me..

never miss an opportunity to spout conspiracy theories.. god forbid it may encourage people to take positive action..

what a terrible time..

as i did during the conflict between our countries only months ago.. i continue to wish peace on my neighbour up north..